Tuesday, November 6, 2012

First snow of the season

Oh the weather outside is frightful. 
But the fire is so delightful. 
And since we've no place to go. 
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Reason #167 of why we uprooted from our home-state of Texas to the colorful Colorado where we knew no one: Seasons! Having spent the last 4 years in a desert we decided we wanted to cool down a little bit in the Rockies, and we finally got to be a part of real snow.

It was too dark to take pictures when the snow started, so I woke up in the wee hours of the morning - you know, 7am - and bundled up in my pj's to take pictures. I was still tired when I was shooting, so most of my pictures turned out to be blurs, and continued to be that way until I noticed nearly an hour and 50 pictures later.


They didn't all turn out bad though, and I'm sure there will be many more opportunities. I did notice my error early enough to get one more picture of our front steps before maintenance came around to clear away the stairs. Once again, who doesn't love free maintenance?

        Past those ugly buildings you can see our beautiful mountain view!

And then of course, the dog who usually never stops playing in the snow, could not wake up enough for an action shot. All she wanted to do was eat the snow, no matter how hard I tried convincing her snow was an entertainment rarity! 


Oh well. Next time! We did buy her a cute pink and blue snowflake hoodie today though. I'll post pictures as soon as she gets used to it. For some reason she hates looking adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment