Saturday, November 17, 2012

Designing from scratch: Olioboard Style

So I talked about my weird nesting itch recently, but since I'm currently and unfortunately without photoshop I started looking around for some websites to help ease my designers itch. I found everything from some really not-so-good ones to some confusing 3D interior design websites, and then I found this gem: Olioboard

Olioboard kind of works like Pinterest, where you can tag different items from online stores, but then you can also use the items you tag to create an idea board or room. And since I get to start from scratch, due to the rule "If it doesn't fit in the car, it doesn't move to Denver," this led to hours of fun! 

I didn't want to give Mark two, hyper-feminine options, so I tried to be as gender-neutral as possible. I suppose the room option in the first picture would be the more masculine one with that leather reading chair, while the layout in the second would be the more feminine with the "Cute-as-a-button" chair from World Market.


Couch: KIVIK Loveseat, Tenö light gray; IKEA
Footstool: KIVIK Footstool with storage, Tenö light gray; IKEA
Chair: Espresso Maso Bi-Cast Leather Chair; World Market
Bookshelf: LIMHAMH Shelving unit, stainless steel; IKEA
Rug: KOLDBY Cowhide, brown/white; IKEA
Lamps: REGOLIT Floor lamp, bow, white, black and JONISK floor/table lamp*; IKEA
Side-table Tray: Mirrored Wood Butler Tray; World Market
Pillow: BIRGIT Cushion, white, multicolored; IKEA
Mirror: Regina Andrew Decor Gold Leaf Square Mirror; Layla Grayce
Picture Frame: RIBBA Frame, black; IKEA
Flower Pot: Identity Vase; Chiasso
Vase: Round Porcelain bowl with glaze holes, Large; Scandinavian Made
Candle Holder: BRÄCKE Lantern, clear glass; IKEA


Chair: Cute-As-A-Button Erin Chair; World Market
Rug: Flokati Diamonds Rug; Anthropologie
Lamp: Galactic Floor Lamp; Zinc Door
Side Table/Garden Stool: Embossed Garden Stool; Pier1
Mirror: Starburst Wall Mirror; Crate & Barrel
Picture Frame: RIBBA Frame, black; IKEA
Animal Busts: Savannah Story Bust and Watchful Rabbit Hook; Anthropologie
Decorative Bowl: IKEA STOCKHOLM, Bowl, white; IKEA


Since I have a lot of paintings to hang, I wanted to keep the neutral color scheme in both options so that the artwork can speak for itself on the walls. I think I'm leaning towards the second option since, like my mom pointed out, the less light-colored furniture the better. I can just picture coming home to Zoey napping on that couch every day. And is it too obvious what my favorite stores are?

I also get to start planning my dining room earlier than expected, so here's the current plan for that room:


Chairs: Jackson Metal Tub Chair; World Market
Cabinet: IKEA PS Cabinet, white; IKEA
Rug: Ivory Floral Rug; Pier1
Vase: Curvy Chrysanthemum Vase; Anthropologie
Candleholder: Labra Holds 5 Candleholder; CB2
Table Runners: Paisley Beaded Table Runner; Pier1 and IDYLLISK Table runner; IKEA
Serving Tray: Moroccan Mirror Tray, small; Layla Grayce
Pot: HUSÖN Plant Pot; IKEA
Terrarium: Turning Triangles Terrarium; Urban Outfitters
Wine Glasses: BEDÅRANDE White wine glass; IKEA
Beer Glasses: MJÖD Beer glass with stem; IKEA
Plates: FORSLA Plate, blue; IKEA
Gravy Boat: Large Gravy Boat; Crate & Barrel

I'm super excited about buying a kitchen table. I haven't owned a table in over a two years, and I miss eating food on an actual dining surface! I had to move around way too much in college...



*Fun Fact: The JONISK floor/table lamp can hold up to 300lbs. It can double as extra seating!!


No comments:

Post a Comment